Saturday, May 26, 2007

Memorial 18x24 Oil


I painted this when Tonya and Hallie were little. It is appropriate to post on Memorial Day weekend. Tonya and Hallie's father, Ray, passed away at age 52. They lost their father, their mother lost her husband, and I lost my best friend. I've not met anyone as kind and generous as he, and not likely to again. This is in memory of Ray. We will all be reunited again. And this is in memory to all who have selflessly given their lives. Freedom is not free. Not for sale.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on this one, Brad!
and I was quite moved by the commentary that went along with. Great job.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Strong painting. I too, am moved by the commentary. Freedom isn't free.

Anonymous said...

Brad,

A voice from the past. I like your work. This is a nice one of Tonya and Hallie. I still have the one of them by the window during the storm.

Hope you are doing well.

Kay Saladin