Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Untitled - More Progress 36x48 Acrylic

Detail of untitled work.



I have always found it fascinating to watch a painting evolve. My method of working is from dark to middle tone to light, saving the highlights for the very end, constantly correcting and adjusting along the way. Mass in areas first, then come back and sculpt out form. On such a large canvas, I like to develop all areas at the same time. Get bored working on one area, I move to a different area of the painting. I love working large.

Jesse is the model for this painting. She may be on her way to the Gulf of Mexico to find a job cleaning up the oil mess. I asked her if she was coming back. She said, 'Who knows!' That's Jesse!

2 comments:

Caroline Peña Bray said...

The viewpoint in this piece really catches my attention, how the viewer is drawn towards the model from a relatively low viewpoint and how the eye then travels up the chair. I love the division of the painting into a warm area in the botton left and cool area in the top right...excellent!

Brad Bisbey said...

Thank you Caroline! Cheched out your blog and am very impressed with your work! Best wishes!