Sunday, July 27, 2008

Roberta 16x20 Acrylic


Life is a series of expectations. Many are fulfilled. Many are not. I recently read where we have very selective memories of past events. And we have very inadequate visions of our future circumstances. When the future circumstances showed up for me, it was entirely different than I expected it to be. Of course, some circumstances you can see coming, others you just don't see coming at all.


I owe many Thank You's to so many of you who wrote and offered you heartfelt condolences and support earlier this year. I cannot say in words how much each note means to me. Thank you all so much. I am honored to be in the company of the Daily Painters. Simply the best! I haven't posted since last March because of the circumstances I didn't see coming. My apologies for dropping out of sight for so long. Please note: My address has never changed, but my email address has. Please contact me at bradbisbey@yahoo.com.


This is Roberta, a very beautiful lady who also happens to be a 5 degree blackbelt. I asked to paint her portrait to get myself back to the painting process. She graciously agreed. This painting also brought several commissions from others who saw it. 'Roberta' is painted on 16x20 stretched canvas. Not For Sale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brad- there isn't a font big enough on blogs to welcome you back!

I checked regularly and when months went by, I knew you had personal challenges that needed your attention.

Hopefully, the passing of time, and pro-active moves have settled things down for you and set the path for more painting.

Given how beautiful this portrait is, you've not lost a thing and your return is so welcomed and your presence has been very much missed.

It's fantastic that you're getting commissions too- it's a very real form of recognition and affirmation.

I look forward to every one of your next postings and sincerely want to tell you how wonderful it is to see you back and creating again.

Will note your new email address too.