Friday, March 7, 2008

Peace 12x16 Acrylic


For all the outpouring of care and support from so many during this time, words cannot express how deeply grateful I am to each and every one of you. I will reach you all individually, but until then, please accept my heartfelt Thank You at this time. A finer group of people I have never met. Daily Painters are simply the best.


I was just beginning to adjust to living in this big house by myself. Then. My brother called at 10pm 2 evenings ago to say his house was flooded. He lives along the banks of the Rock River in Illinois and found himself in the middle of a record flood. He waded out with a few clothes and the rest is a total loss. What a terrible winter! Now I am adjusting to living in this big house with my new roommate. My brother calls us a couple of old maids. I am at long last taking refuge in my art!
I did a smaller painting last year using this same photo as a reference. I wanted to paint it larger with a more finished quality. It is painted on Windberg Art Panel. Available on ebay.


5 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

What a beautiful painting! It is very peaceful.

I'm glad to see your new work and hope you and your brother are well.

Anonymous said...

Brad, so glad to see you take the gentle path of your art to fill you up. There is no shortage of lessons in this life, is there? It helps to know that we are all that we have. And that's a good thing.
I wish you peace ( and patience....)
Welcome back.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

This painting is gorgeous. I enlarged it and am amazed at the softness you've achieved with acrylics. Good luck to you and your brother.

Austin Maloney said...

A beautiful painting and very well titled.

RobCarey said...

Wonderful painting. Like Diana said, there is a sense of peace there.